Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dear Someday,

When you're broken into a million pieces you feel nothing. But when you are missing a single piece you feel everything. And I know my patches of duct tape, hot glue gun dabbles, paper clips, and string that have tied and stuck me back together are unsightly, but I am waiting for you to love my stitched up patches for what they are. I hope you one day add your healing touch to this broken Raggedy Ann doll I have become. My hope for you is what keeps my eyes shiny and my feet skipping.

I look forward to the day I can call you mine. And love won't be such a mystery for me any longer. And I won't have to write pretend love songs, poems, letters to a pretend you. You, Someday, will be Today and Forever. And I will be happy.

For now I wait on tip toes for your earth-shattering kiss to come unlock this spell.

Come Quickly!

Yours ~*~ Monica

2 comments:

  1. Very well written!

    I'm a guy and us men believe duct tape can fix anything! But I just might have to give hot glue and paper clips a shot!

    A little piece of advice...love is always a mystery that can never be solved. People spend lifetimes trying to figure out their significant other.

    Sometimes it's best to just not spend time trying to solve the mystery, but rather, embrace the unknown.

    People tend to set their expectations of love too high. They are often let down when they can never meet those expectations. Not everything is a fairy tale as often portrayed in movies and books. Simplify what you expect to get out of love and you won't be disappointed. Don't set your standards too low or too high. Keep it at a happy medium!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...this made me smile :)

    I agree with Workingdan we should embrace the unknown. I always think a little mystery can be a good thing, it keeps you on your toes...ready for that kiss!

    ReplyDelete